VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE COUNCIL MEETING – January 17, 2017 – 7:00 PM – AGENDA
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of the Minutes
IV. Public Participation (5 min. limit)
V. Letters and Communications
VI. Administrative Reports
1) Income tax collections
2) The Bill List.
3) December Great Lakes collections and the December Fund Report
4) Ohio Checkbook
5) I am currently conducting year end procedures to close out 2016.
6) After the year is closed, I will provide council with a comprehensive financial overview of 2016.
Police Chief: No reports due at this time
* Jan 18 – USDA Rural Development Inspection of Sewer Plant @ 10:00am
* Jan 24 – North Baltimore Planning Commission Meeting 5:30pm @ Village Hall
* Jan 25 – Tri County Administrators Meeting 2pm @ Bluffton Municipal Building
* Jan 25 – Wood County Mayor’s Association Dinner @ Pemberville Legion 6:00pm
Jan 30 – TMACOG General Assembly Meeting 8am-2pm Perrysburg French Qtr
3) Main Street Corridor –
4) Municipal Building Communications Tower –
5) Wood County Economic Development Membership –The Wood County Economic Development Commission Membership dues for 2017 are now due. Previously North Baltimore has had a Board Level Membership ($1500 per year) but last year dropped down to a Supporting Level Membership ($500 per year).
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to send in our Membership dues for 2017 to Wood County Economic Development Commission at the ______________level.
6) Winter Weather Policy – The Personnel Policy and Ordinance Review Committee met on Monday January 9 to condense and finalize an updated version of snow removal procedures for the village public works department. The final product was reviewed at the COTW meeting and should be adopted at the council meeting on Tuesday January 17, 2017.
Proposed Motion: To adopt the 2017 winter weather policy and revoke any and all winter weather policies that were in place prior to this 2017 policy.
7) Resolution 2017-01 – This resolution authorizes the Village Administrator to sign documents on behalf of the village for the Main St. Waterline Replacement Project. This is similar to the resolution we passed last year for signatures on documents for the Headworks Project.
Proposed Motion: To authorize the Village Administrator to sign documents for the Main Street Waterline Replacement Project.
8) Baseball/Softball Meeting –
9) Rotary Wine Tasting Event
Appointed Legal Counsel:
VII. Standing Committees
Economic and Community Development (Ms. Thompson)
-Need a motion for Board Level ($1500) or Supporting Level ($500) membership
Public Safety (Mr. Patterson)
Personnel, Policy and Ordinance Review (Mr. Rose)
-New/Combined Winter Weather Policy
-Need a motion to approve the policy handed out at COTW
Public Works (Mr. Carles)
-Repair Responsibility of Village Water digs
Public Utilities (Mr. Van Mooy)
Finance and Technology (Ms. Emahiser)
VIII. New Legislation, Resolutions, Motions or Business
IX. Second Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
RESOLUTION 2017-01 A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE VILLAGE ADMINISTRATOR TO EXECUTE ALL DOCUMENTS REQURIED BY OHIO PUBLIC WORKS COMMISSION FOR THE ENGINEERING AND REPLACEMENT OF THE MAIN STREET WATERLINE PROJECT AND TO DECLARE AN EMERGENCY
X. Third Reading of Ordinances and Resolutions
XI. Other New Business
XII. Other Old Business
XIII. Payment of the Bills