- Income tax collections 2017 vs. 2016 as of 09/01/2017:
Month Ems Village 2017 2016 2017 Over/Under
Jan 17,832 65,108 82,940 74,666 8,274
Feb 15,193 55,471 70,664 54,678 24,260
Mar 11,760 42,938 54,699 48,200 30,759
Apr 19,273 70,370 89,644 69,689 50,714
May 30,530 111,470 142,000 80,508 112,206
June 19,652 71,752 91,404 80,098 123,512
July 13,765 50,257 64,021 96,541 90,992
August 13,282 48,496 61,778 70,736 82,03
TOTAL 141,287 515,862 657,150 575,116
- The Bill List from 07/29/2017 – 09/01/2017 is included for council review and approval.
- Collections to note:
- Henry Twp – Second Half Fire Payment: $17,211.51
- Henry Twp – Second Half EMS Payment: $21,250.00
- Workers Comp – 2015 premium rebate: $10,746.92
- 2018 budget request worksheets have been distributed to department heads. I will begin building the 2018 budget in the coming weeks. The 2018 budget will get its first reading at the 11/7/2017 council meeting.
- EMS rates: After speaking with Great Lakes Billing, it has been recommended that the Village increase the EMS rates in relation to surrounding rates in the area. I am requesting this issue be put on the 9/12/2017 COTW agenda for further discussion.
- Appropriation Ordinance: Adding $2,700.00 to the General Fund Budget. The village received a $2,700.00 donation in 2016 to be used towards the former high school marker plaque. This project is set to get underway in 2017 and therefore an appropriation is required. The ordinance is in the same amount as the donation.
- Appropriation Ordinance: Adding $3,721.04 and $1,500.00 to the EMS and Fire budgets respectively. The departments shared the cost of a new AED and received grant proceeds to cover the cost. The EMS and Fire chief have requested these funds be put back in their budgets. The appropriation is in the same amount as the grants.
- Ordinance: Ordinance approving the increase in investment funds managed by Meeder Investment Management
- Assessment Ordinance: Establishing the assessment amount of $18,000.00 for the planting and removal of trees in the Village of North Baltimore in 2018. This amount has not changed from prior years.
- Assessment Ordinance: Establishing the assessment amount of $64,000.00 for the cost of cleaning the streets in the Village of North Baltimore in 2018. This amount has not changed from prior years.
- Assessment Ordinance: Establishing the assessment amount of $52,000.00 for the cost of lighting the streets, alleys and ways in the Village of North Baltimore in 2018. This amount has not changed from prior years.
- Assessment Ordinance: Assessing delinquent utility bills to respective property taxes. A list of the associated properties have been placed in each of your boxes. This was updated for its third reading.
- Assessment Ordinance: Assessing mowing fees to various property taxes. This is in relation to weed notices that have been disbursed, but were eventually taken care of by the village. A list of these properties have been placed in each of your boxes. The reason for the emergency is because these assessments need to be sent to the county auditor by the second Monday in September