VILLAGE OF NORTH BALTIMORE Administrator Report – March 15
by Allyson Murray, NB Village Administrator
To: Mayor Goldner, Council, Clerk and Legal Counsel
Village Administrator Report
1. Meeting Review
• March 1 – Preconstruction Meeting on Sewer Plant Headworks @ 11:00am
• March 1 – Village Council Meeting at 7:00pm
• March 7 – Meeting on Personnel Policy Review @ 1:00pm
• March 8 – Committee of the Whole Meeting @ 5:30pm
• March 10 – Follow up Meeting on Personnel Policy Review @ 5:30pm
• March 14 – Meals on Wheels Delivered in Wood Co. by Mayor Goldner
• March 14 – North Baltimore Tree Commission @ 6:00pm
2. Upcoming Meetings:
• March 16 – Economic Development Luncheon @ NB Legion at Noon
• March 18 – TMACOG Transportation Summit 8:00-1:00 at Pinnacle
• March 21 – LGS Grant & SAFER Grant due
• March 22 – Planning Commission Meeting at 7:30pm
• March 23 – Wood County Economic Development Dinner @ Hilton Garden 6:00pm
• March 24 – Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting
• March 31 – Community Policing Grant due
• April 8 – Sunshine Law Training from 8:00-1:00pm @ TMACOG
3. Meter Changeover Project. The water meter changeover project is continuing. An additional 48 residential meters are needed to complete the residential portion of this project. These additional 48 meters will result in a change order in the amount of $9,120.00 or 48 meters x $190.00 each. Once these meters are received NECO will finish the installation of the residential meters and begin installation of the commercial meters.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation for Andy to order the additional meters needed to finish the residential portion of the meter replacement project at a cost of $9120.00
4. Wastewater Plant Headwork’s Project. Construction trailers have been located on the grounds of the sewer plant in preparation for start of the Sewer Plant Headworks Project in late April. This is a fast moving project with an anticipated end date of mid-summer with cooperating weather.
5. Communications Tower The Village did apply for the Local Government Safety Capital Grant in an effort to acquire funding for the new communications tower. Recipients of the grant will be notified in May.
6. Roof at Municipal Building Update – Weather permitting initial work on replacement of the Municipal Building Roof will begin in the next few weeks. Specialized roofing systems have been ordered to ensure that construction will take place over the existing Fire Dept. roof so at no time will the vehicles be exposed to the elements.
7. 208 Plan Update TMACOG – TMACOG executive committee will meet on March 16 to update the 208 plans. Included in this update is the plan to eliminate the Radar Creek FPA and have it included in the North Baltimore FPA. This will allow for the sewage from the CSX packaging plant to be sent to North Baltimore for treatment.
8. Main Street Corridor – Village Solicitor is working on an agreement with Poggemeyer to do the engineering, updates, permitting, bidding and staking on the Downtown Waterline Replacement Project. Once this agreement is in place Poggemeyer Engineer Tim Bock will work with the village to find funding opportunities to get all phases of the Downtown projects completed.
9. Northwest Water and Sewer Update – Village Solicitor is working on an agreement with Northwest Water & Sewer in order to sell sewer capacity to them from the former Radar Creek FPA. The sewer flows from the CSX packing plant will now come to North Baltimore for treatment. Northwest Water & Sewer will build the line from that area and tie into our system on the west side of the village.
10. Safe Routes to School Update – The Village of North Baltimore was awarded one of the largest awards ever for Safe Routes to School. The funding for this project is for ODOT fiscal year 2019 and we can begin work on this project July 1, 2018. There are two hazard trees that are located within the Safe Route to School route that will need to be taken down and are on the list for Tree Commission consideration.
11. Tree Commission Update – North Baltimore Tree Commission met on Monday March 14, and discussed the updated hazard tree list, the 2016 Tree Commission Budget, fall planting and attendance at this year’s Tree City USA Awards.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation to approve the 2016 Tree Commission Budget.
Proposed Motion: Recommendation to advertise for bids on March 24 and 31 with bid opening on Thursday April 21, 2016 for the removal of the 2016 Priority Hazard Tree List.
12. Personnel Policy Review – Personnel Policy & Ordinance Review Committee met on Thursday March 10 to discuss changes needed in our Personnel Policy Handbook. Changes being considered by this committee will be drafted into legislation and sent to council members prior to the first meeting in April.
13. Street Paving – Ty Carles and Street Superintendent Doug Wickard drove the streets in
the village to determine the condition and evaluate which streets should be milled and paved in 2016. Advertising for bids on Thursday March 24 and again on March 31 with bid opening on Monday April 25, 2016 should allow contractors to do work prior to GOST Festival.
Financing the Milling & Paving work for 2016.
Fund 216 Street Paving – began year with $155,000 with additional $85,000 expected (Levy funded)
Fund 210 Permissive (Alleys) – began year with $53,000 with additional $ 24,000 expected (License fee funded)
Streets Planned for 2016 Paving Project
Milling & Paving
South Second St. – from State St. to High St. (34.5 feet wide x 1818 feet long)
North Second St. – from Elm St to Quarry Road. (Elm to Oak 25 feet wide x 475 feet long)(Oak to Quarry 22 feet wide x 241 feet long)
Paving Only with 50% cost share with Henry Township
Quarry Road from Main St. to Tiffin St. (19 feet wide x 960 feet long)
Milling & Paving
Behind the Kelley Dealership from Water St north to the alley intersection. (10 feet wide x 345 feet long)
Alley running west between 308 & 310 Broadway, half block to alley intersection. (10 feet wide x 170 feet long)
Maple St. north to Cherry St., half a block between Second St. and Third St. (10 feet wide x 225 feet long)
North-South alley from Cherry St. to Maple St. between Margret St. and Jewett St. (10 feet wide x 450 feet long)
Proposed Motion: Recommendation to approve the 2016 Street Paving Plan and allow Village Administrator to advertise for bids on March 24 and March 31 with bid opening on Monday April 25, 2016.
205 North Main Street
North Baltimore, OH 45872
Phone (419)257-2394 – Fax (419)257-2457